LEVEL 3 APPRENTICESHIP logistics team leader/supervisor is a first line management role, with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome.
They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals.
Specific responsibilities will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same whatever the role.
Key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems, and building relationships internally and externally. behaviours needed will be the same whatever the role.
Role of team leader / supervisor:
Interpersonal Excellence – managing people and developing relationships
- Leading People – understand different leadership styles and develop the skills to support people and improve performance
- Managing People – understand people and team management models, team dynamics and motivation techniques and develop skills for setting operational and personal goals
- Building Relationships – understand approaches to customer and stakeholder relationshipmanagement and develop skills for effective negotiation and influencing
- Communication – understand different forms of communication and their application and develop the ability and skills to communicate effectively, including chairing meetings
- Organisational Performance – delivering results
- Operational Management – understand how organisational strategy is developed and learn skills for creating team action plans and organising, prioritising and allocating work
- Project Management – understand the project lifecyle roles and develop the ability to deliver a project including managing resources, identifying risks and issues
- Finance – understanding organisational governance and compliance and how to deliver value for money through budgeting and effective controls
- Personal Effectiveness – managing self
- Self-Awareness – including how to be self-aware and the ability to reflect on own performance
- Management of Self – ability to create an effective personal development plan and usetime management techniques
- Decision Making – understanding and using problem solving and decision making techniques, including analysing data to support decision making
Enquire now about MERLIN ACADEMY APPRENTICESHIPS
t: +44 (0)1536 533696
or email firstname.lastname@example.org